Hanceville Elementary Faculty Assistant Principal Stacie Olinger will be taking over as the school’s new principal
The Cullman County Faculty Board approved Olinger’s transfer to the new posture in a particular assembly Tuesday morning, which was identified as to let her to formally choose over on July 1. Olinger will be using the spot of Susan Melton, whose retirement was accepted at the board’s common conference before this month.
All of Hanceville’s faculties will have new principals in the coming university year, with Olinger joining new middle college principal Susan Patrick and significant university principal Daniel Wakefield, who have been both of those accredited at earlier board conferences.
Olinger reported she has used the previous 21 a long time as an educator, with the past two invested as Hanceville Elementary’s assistant principal under Melton, and she thanked the board for the chance to provide as the school’s new principal.
“I am really fired up and grateful,” she reported.
Olinger said she is grateful for getting in a position to perform with a excellent administrator in Melton, and is searching ahead to obtaining commenced in her new position.
“The last two yrs have been up and down, it truly is been hard, but I’ve cherished each individual moment of it,” she mentioned. “It really is fantastic, I really like Hanceville and remaining there, and I’m just tremendous fired up and are not able to wait to start.”
Two schools’ new assistant principals ended up also present at the conference to see their transfers accredited, with Josh Davis moving to Holly Pond Center Faculty soon after instructing at Fairview Middle School, and Adam McKinnon signing up for the administration of Cold Springs Elementary just after working as a teacher there.
Davis thanked Superintendent Shane Barnette, Fairview’s board consultant Shane Rusk and Holly Pond’s board representative Heath Allbright for the likelihood to go into an administrative job for the county’s colleges.
“I love Cullman County, I imagine in a pure eyesight of Cullman County, not just a distinct school, so I just thank you for the opportunity and I hope I continue to improve,” he stated.
McKinnon mentioned he has spent the previous 11 decades at Cold Springs Elementary, and is fired up for the possibility to move into the assistant principal position.
“I am really, extremely grateful for the board and Dr. Barnette for the option to master and mature and continue on my job in training,” he said.
In other organization, the board:
- Approved to fork out the next for up to 5 unused once-a-year depart times, as for every board policy: Patti Freeman.
- Accredited the pursuing substitutes: Patrick Lee Klein, efficient June 17 James Lee Tolbert, efficient June 21.
- Authorized college nurses for the Summer season Understanding Camps for K-5 quality educational institutions on June 11 by July 2 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. just about every working day, paid $125 for every working day by GEERS and ESSER:
- Child Advancement Heart: Sherry Green, Linda Roberson and Sommer Folds
- Authorised a ask for to host a summertime software for Pre-K college students at Harmony Faculty. Plan will run in conjunction with Summer time Reading through Camp:
- Funds: Point out ETF ($5,544)
- Dates: June 11 by means of July 2.
- Times: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (for learners) 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (for teachers).
- Income: Teacher- $150 per working day, auxiliary trainer- $80 for every day, director (1-4 p.m. on Fridays, admin responsibilities $100 for each day for three days).
- Teacher- Madison Wren, auxiliary instructor- Amy Freeman, director- Elaine Wren.
- Accredited a request to offer transportation for The Mates of FCA all through the 7 days of July 12-16. All bills such as gasoline and driver pay out will be compensated by FCA. Group will use four buses and accredited drivers to transport participants to venues around the metropolis of Cullman throughout the 7 days.
Tyler Hanes can be reached at 256-734-2131 ext. 238.